Structural Engineering2018-10-17T11:54:01+00:00

Structural Engineering

Certified and professional Structural Engineers covering Kent and the South-East. 

Renovize Homes

Structural Engineers

Renovize Homes offer in-house structural engineering services that cover all elements, from full structural developments to more custom-fit designs. Instead of just being structural engineers, we offer a complete, all-in-one building package, offering our clients the opportunity to solve all of their building problems in one place. By guiding our clients from beginning to end, we can solve all of their problems in one place, meaning they don’t have to be the middleman. Our structural engineering services are combined with up-to-date structural analysis software and professional expertise from established engineers. Whilst our office is in Ashford, Kent our clients can be found across the South-East and London area. Due to the inclusive nature of Renovize Homes, we don’t have to wait for Architects, Surveyors and Contractors to get back in touch, instead, we simply communicate with one another in the office, making everything quick and effortless. Whether you after elegant, simple designs or more contentious proposals, we can assure you that your requirements will be met and exceeded.


Not sure where to start? Call our free advice line and speak to a professional immediately.

Call Now

Structural Engineering

The purpose of a structural engineer is to determine the strength and durability of a building. The building’s safety is assessed via structural calculations, drawings, and detailed specifications. We can deliver structural engineering calculations for projects involving steel beams, steel columns, concrete, load-bearing masonry, load-bearing timber or reinforced concrete. We endeavour to provide detailed but easy to use drawings that can be understood by those with or without an understanding of structural engineering. Our expertise range from extensions to alterations, new builds, investigations, surveys and large projects.


Extensions and Alterations

For any new project, we begin with a thorough inspection in order to assess the property’s structure. The initial assessment is then followed by structural calculations and structural engineering drawings, which are used to provide in-depth explanations of the design. Extensions and alterations can range from enlarging existing openings, removing walls, loft conversions, extensions and major renovation or redevelopment work.
For larger industrial, commercial or residential properties, we are able to offer knowledgeable, professional advice to efficiently support the construction of your larger project. By utilising our combination of engineering solutions, there isn’t a project too big or too small that we can’t accomplish.

New Builds

Instead of going through the hassle of packing up your property and moving somewhere else, a lot of our customers are turning to more modern, hassle-free solutions. By extending your house with one or double storey extensions, converting your garage or renovating your loft, our customers are able to get the space they need, with less bother. At Renovize Homes, we offer engineering solutions for all types of new developments.  Similar to our extensions and alterations, we provide designs for the substructure and superstructure of the property.  Due to the nature of our company, all our designs are assisted with the continual knowledge of our in-house Architects alongside the other parties involved in the construction.  Unlike other companies, we are able to assist your project from beginning to end, meaning our structural solutions are known in-depth by all other parties working on-site. The end result is always to ensure your new build is a result of the most effective and economical solution.

Surveys & Investigations

Our structural investigation services specialise in monitoring, testing, maintaining and repairing general or specific structural assets.  Furthermore, we offer structural investigations such as ground investigation and sampling including topographical, geographical and mapping surveys. By providing thorough structural investigations we are able to provide reports that explain structural defects and intended repair work. Our structural investigations extend to our surveys, which include historical structures, where we strive to remain sympathetic to a building’s heritage.

Structural & Civil Engineering F.A.Q.

What part of the property do you inspect?2018-09-26T14:43:54+00:00

Our report consists of the inspection of the external, visible, structural elements of the property. Which includes but is not limited to, the  external load-bearing walls, roof structure, coloumns, floors, beams and internal load bearing walls.

What is the difference between a Structural Engineer and a Surveyor?2018-09-27T09:03:26+00:00

A Chartered Structural Engineer is the one who carries out a structural survey of the property, assessing the structural integrity of the property. There is often confusion between a structural survey and a building survey. It is the responsibility of a Chartered Surveyor to carry out a building survey, which is a bespoke report assessing the services and maintenance of the house, rather than its structural support. Therefore, whilst a Chartered Structural or Civil Engineer carries out a survey, they are not classified as Surveyors. Instead, a Surveyor is a name given to those who carry out building surveys.

What is a the difference between Civil and Structural Engineer?2018-09-27T08:52:49+00:00

A Civil Engineer focuses on the physical and naturally built environment. They design, construct and maintain features such as roads, bridges, dams, canals, airports, pipelines, railways and so on. Whereas, a Structural Engineer focuses predominantly on man-made structures. They shape the world to fit around them, unlike Civil Engineers who work around the natural landscape.

What don’t you inspect?2018-09-26T15:03:50+00:00

We do not inspect areas such as services (plumbing, electrics), decorations, roof coverings or the condition of the property which may be a result of rot, timber infestation or damp. For the inside of the building to be checked you will need a Building Surveyor.

My property is showing abnormal cracks, what should I do?2018-09-26T14:29:56+00:00

A structural engineering report will ensure that your property has been fully checked over. The report will offer a clear and precise reporting of your property, pinpointing any major problems and offering solutions. Often it is advisable to do these reports if only to provide peace of mind. If we do find a significant problem, we can work with you to provide solutions or help you put your project out to tender.

I think my property is subsiding2018-09-26T14:51:02+00:00

Yes. We can help you by providing a full structural engineers report, which will evaluate whether your property is suffering from structural movement. We recommend you do this regardless of whether you need this for an insurance claim or not.

How long do these reports take to produce?2018-09-26T14:17:07+00:00

It’s hard to give a set date, but usually, we aim to deliver a report within 7 to 10 days, providing we have access to the property. If you need it quicker than our approximate timescale, then please get in touch and we will strive to meet your requirements.

Do you share our properties information with third parties?2018-09-26T15:07:56+00:00

No. Your information is kept completely confidential and you (the customer) is the only person we send our reports to unless you ask us to do otherwise.

Do I have to be the owner of the property?2018-09-26T14:53:42+00:00

No, you do not need to be the owner of the property. We often work with estate agents, vendors and third parties to gain access to the property.

Contact Us

This website uses cookies and third party services. For more info click here Ok