A South-Eastern home improvement company of Architects, Project Consultants and Interior Designers, specialising in commercial, residential and public sector projects.
There is a lot to think about when planning for a house extension. Luckily, Renovize Homes have over thirty years experience and a specialist team that can do it all for you. From advice on government restrictions, site insurance, ceiling heights and basement conversions, we can explain it all.
Toilets and Showers
Most clients when building an extension want an extra shower or toilet. The good news is that Building Regulations have changed, meaning toilets and showers can fit anywhere in your extension. Renovize Homes, have certified plumbers, builders and Project Managers to provide you with the perfect extension.
It is a truth universally acknowledge that building a conservatory costs money. One way to pay less, is to build your conservatory as part of your building extension. First, the conservatory is integrated into the existing house, instead of being built as a bolt on. Following regulations a redesign includes knocking down an exterior wall, re-plastering and insulating the walls and roof.
Our specialist Architects provide plans that abide planning permission by creating a conservatory that is an extension of the house. That way your conservatory is a room that can be used throughout the year.
Want more light? Or more room? How about knocking down that wall. Knocking down a wall can instantly transform your space and add value to your property. Our Interior Designers can best provide clients with how to maximise the space, suggesting furniture, such as open shelving, peninsula units or island walls as well as how to decorate. Look at our Portfolio to see how removing walls have been detrimental to improving clients property.
- Tree Preservation Order (TPO) protects all trees within a conservation area and includes specifically protected trees. If a tree is categorised under TPO not a single branch can be trimmed from that tree. Many homeowners are unaware that even if their extensions fall under permitted planning permission, pruning a TPO tree is a criminal offence. Renovize Homes offer unsolicited advice on how best to proceed.
- Right to Light refers to established legislation, allowing neighbours to block planning permission if the new build blocks their light. The legislation mainly affects property owners in built-up areas. Renovize Homes, offers advice on how legislation will affect your building property and provide solutions
- It is important to know what VAT your property requires. Whilst you are unlikely to be able to claim VAT back on extensions, certain properties have VAT relief. Work on listed buildings, offer zero rates. Buildings that change the number of units and buildings that have been unoccupied for two years of more are eligible for a 5% VAT.
- When creating your dream property, it is important not to create neighbours from hell. Therefore, you need to know exactly what you can and cannot do. Renovize Homes, have specialist Project Managers that carefully liaise with everyone on the project, including keeping your neighbours happy.
- Workers who are in a hurry, will be pleased to know that they can start building within 48 hours from notifying the local authority. Clients are advised that they are required to pay a fee and submit a Building Notice fee. Our specialist team can advise clients further with all building notices, fees and legislation.
Please see our Conversion and Extension page for details on how Renovize Homes can transform your basement.
Building Regulations have removed a minimum building height. However, a practical space is not only a habitable space but imperative to property value. Renovize Homes recommend a floor to ceiling height of 2.1m throughout. Our team will best advise, alongside the client what is best for the intended space.