Civil Engineering2018-10-17T11:51:50+00:00

Civil Engineering

We have been designing, constructing, maintaining and shaping the Kent landscape for over 15 years. 

Renovize Homes

Civil Engineers

We provide civil engineering services for all developments within the south-east. Our work complies with local building regulations and offers engineering solutions that are straightforward and exceed the needs of our clients. Our specialist services range from civil engineering; groundworks; trenching; wastewater & sewage as well as agriculture civil engineering. And if you can’t find the information online, then don’t hesitate to contact our Engineering department today.

Renovize Homes Engineering

Culverts & Drainage

For cost-effective drainage solutions, we are able to combine the latest in drainage and waste regulations with our knowledge of topography to deliver solutions that suit your needs. We can also provide civil engineering services for stormwater drainage, rainwater harvesting, ground dewatering, reservoir construction and sewage work. Our extensive machinery and expert professionals can provide solutions for a wide range of civil engineering services.


Underpinning & Retention of Walls

To strengthen walls and provide designs and calculations for underpinning, we can offer substructure solutions for your project. We can assist you with works that include landscaping, foundations under existing structures, remedial strengthening and other structures.

Temporary work that requires short or medium term structural engineering solutions can be solved by our on-hands team of structural engineers. Whether you need detailed instructions for securing falling walls, underpinning, caving roofs, or short-term solutions ready to allow long-term solutions to be put into place. We can evaluate your project and provide you with the right advice and information needed for your project, saving you the hassle.

civil engineering

Not sure if this is what you need? Call our free advice line and get direct answers.

Call Now
What is the difference between a Structural Engineer and a Surveyor?2018-09-27T09:03:26+00:00

A Chartered Structural Engineer is the one who carries out a structural survey of the property, assessing the structural integrity of the property. There is often confusion between a structural survey and a building survey. It is the responsibility of a Chartered Surveyor to carry out a building survey, which is a bespoke report assessing the services and maintenance of the house, rather than its structural support. Therefore, whilst a Chartered Structural or Civil Engineer carries out a survey, they are not classified as Surveyors. Instead, a Surveyor is a name given to those who carry out building surveys.

What is a the difference between Civil and Structural Engineer?2018-09-27T08:52:49+00:00

A Civil Engineer focuses on the physical and naturally built environment. They design, construct and maintain features such as roads, bridges, dams, canals, airports, pipelines, railways and so on. Whereas, a Structural Engineer focuses predominantly on man-made structures. They shape the world to fit around them, unlike Civil Engineers who work around the natural landscape.

Do you share our properties information with third parties?2018-09-26T15:07:56+00:00

No. Your information is kept completely confidential and you (the customer) is the only person we send our reports to unless you ask us to do otherwise.

What don’t you inspect?2018-09-26T15:03:50+00:00

We do not inspect areas such as services (plumbing, electrics), decorations, roof coverings or the condition of the property which may be a result of rot, timber infestation or damp. For the inside of the building to be checked you will need a Building Surveyor.

Do I have to be the owner of the property?2018-09-26T14:53:42+00:00

No, you do not need to be the owner of the property. We often work with estate agents, vendors and third parties to gain access to the property.

I think my property is subsiding2018-09-26T14:51:02+00:00

Yes. We can help you by providing a full structural engineers report, which will evaluate whether your property is suffering from structural movement. We recommend you do this regardless of whether you need this for an insurance claim or not.

What part of the property do you inspect?2018-09-26T14:43:54+00:00

Our report consists of the inspection of the external, visible, structural elements of the property. Which includes but is not limited to, the  external load-bearing walls, roof structure, coloumns, floors, beams and internal load bearing walls.

My property is showing abnormal cracks, what should I do?2018-09-26T14:29:56+00:00

A structural engineering report will ensure that your property has been fully checked over. The report will offer a clear and precise reporting of your property, pinpointing any major problems and offering solutions. Often it is advisable to do these reports if only to provide peace of mind. If we do find a significant problem, we can work with you to provide solutions or help you put your project out to tender.

How long do these reports take to produce?2018-09-26T14:17:07+00:00

It’s hard to give a set date, but usually, we aim to deliver a report within 7 to 10 days, providing we have access to the property. If you need it quicker than our approximate timescale, then please get in touch and we will strive to meet your requirements.

Contact Us

This website uses cookies and third party services. For more info click here Ok